2012 Grand National Open Teams (GNOT)
November 30 - December 3 (Friday - Monday)
The 2012 National Final will be played at the Tweed Ultima Resort in Tweed Heads.
Information about the National Final can be found on the ABF website at www.abfevents.com.au/events/gnot/2012/
Enquiries from clubs outside the Sydney Metropolitan region should be directed to the relevant regional co-ordinator whose details will be found on the ABF website when available.
Teams Qualified to the National Final - Sydney Region
- Double Bay
- Sydney 3 Fraser Rew, Orlando Wu, Adam Edgtton, Liam Milne, Paul Gosney, Tony Leibowitz
- Sydney 1 Pauline Gumby, Warren Lazer, Bruce Neill, Nye Griffiths, Andrew Peake, Bob Richman
- Sydney 5 Ben Chosid, Leo Goorevich, Tina Zines, Peter Wood, Tony Hutton
- North Shore
- Sydney 2 David Beauchamp, Jamie Ebery (withdrawn), Kim Morrison, Marilyn Chadwick (withdrawn), Terry Brown, Avi Kanetkar
Sydney 4 - Martin Bloom, Peter Gill, Helena Dawson, Sartaj
Hans, Tony Nunn, Judy Osie
Sydney 6 - Mischa Solar (withdrawn), Murray Green, Ron Speiser, Kennet Christiansen, + George Fleischer
Sydney 8 - Paul Weaver, Terry Bodycote, Charles Klassen (withdrawn), Margaret Klassen (withdrawn), + Joe Quittner, + Liz Quittner
Sydney 7 - Michael Courtney, Astrid Goncharoff, David McDonald, Paul Brown, + David Weston
Play commences at 10am on each day.
A knock-out teams event (28 board matches) with Swiss repechage (14 board matches). Two teams from the knockout section and two teams from the Swiss repechage qualify to the National Final, held from 30 November to 3 December in Tweed Heads.
Teams may enter the Sydney Metropolitan Final directly. Such teams must consist entirely of players who have previously played in Metropolitan Club qualifying competitions. Entry fee is $250.
All enquiries to Liz Fanos at the NSWBA on 02 9264 8111 or email Michael Wilkinson .
Sydney Metropolitan Qualifying
All Sydney Metropolitan clubs are invited to hold qualifying events to determine representative teams that will compete in a Metropolitan Final at the NSWBA on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd September.
Direct Qualifying Events
Three Metropolitan clubs will run events in 2012 to qualify teams directly to the GNOT National Final.
- Double Bay Bridge Centre, Wednesdays 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 May
- NSWBA, Mondays 18 & 25 June, 2, 23 & 30 July
- North Shore Bridge Club, Thursdays 23 & 30 August, 6 & 13 September
Mondays 18 & 25 June, 2, 23 & 30 July
The NSWBA will run one qualifying event on Monday nights at 7.30pm 18 & 25 June, 2, 23 & 30 July to qualify teams for the Sydney Metropolitan Final and two teams directly to the National Final.
To view the PDF files in Adobe(R) Reader(R) format you will need to download Acrobat Reader .