On the question of deferment of ABF Capitation Fees, the ABF Management Committee has advised the NSWBA as follows -
“The ABF has decided not to defer the payment date for the 2020 annual capitation fees. As it stands the invoices being sent out at the end of March already offer 90 days to pay. Moreover, on a case by case basis, the ABF is ready to defer payment further should any club ask for an extension of time. Late penalties on capitation will be waived for the entire period of the public health crisis.”
To minimize the size of the invoice about to be received, clubs need to ensure that, by Tuesday night, they have deleted any player who should not be a home club member of their club. Otherwise the club will be liable for a number of $16.10 fees that may prove impossible to recoup from the players.
NSWBA is lobbying the ABF on matters of concern to the affiliated clubs which has resulted in some good news in these uncertain times! The ABF has decided that the number of B4c certificates for 2021 will be the same as the number to which a club was entitled in 2020 (unless the number of green points issued in 2020 indicate a higher number of certificates are warranted).
The Council of the NSWBA has voted to close the NSWBA (trading as Sydney Bridge Centre) at midnight on Tuesday 17th March.
All Club sessions at Rozelle, Henley & the City are cancelled.
These NSWBA events are cancelled:
- The next Workshop April 10
- City of Sydney Teams March 23 & 30, April 6
- Men's and Women's Pairs, April 14 & 21
- Masters Teams April 28, May 5
- Youth ITS, May 6 & 13
- ANC Butler Pairs, May 11, 18 & 25, June 1
- Seniors ITS, May 15-17
- State Mixed Pairs Chanpionships, May 23-24
- Teams of Three, May 31
- Tasmania Festival of Bridge, March 26-29
- Kiama Novice Swiss Pairs, March 29
- Inverell Delvyn Pairs, April 4-5
- Central Coast Super Congress, April 4-5
- Sapphire Coast Congress, April 4-5
- Trumps Easter Festival, April 10-13
- APBF Congress, April 15-22
- Taree Teams, April 18-19
- Peninsula Teams, April 19
- NSW State Individual, April 26
- Autumn Nationals, April 30 - May 4
- Barrier Reef Congress, May 1-4
- Bathurst Congress, May 2-3
- Yamba Butler Pairs, May 2-3
- Tilligerry Swiss Pairs, May 3
- Coffs Harbour Teams, May 16-17
- Western Senior Pairs, May 16-17
- Maitland Teams, May 17
- NSWBA SITS Swiss Pairs, May 17
- NSWBA Autumn Swiss Pairs, May 24
- NSWBA Teams of Three, May 31
- Victor Champion Cup, June 4-8
- Camden Haven Congress, June 20-21
- The Killara Golf Club Pairs, July 12
Sponsored by Tony Bemrose Insurance Brokers (TBIB), the NSWBA has launched a Road to Spring campaign for Novice & Restricted players ONLY. We have selected 19 congresses around the state, including the State Novice & Restricted Pairs Championship on 21-22 March in Orange, for inclusion in this.
Participants in each of the selected congresses will receive a TBIB card, which will give you an entry for a lucky draw of prize value up to $1000 including FREE ENTRY to the Sydney Spring Nationals from 14-23 October. The more you travel, the better your chances of winning.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2020 ANC Women's Interstate Selection.
Subject to council ratification the team to represent NSW in the ANC Women's Teams in Adelaide in July is:
Lynn Kalmin - Lorna Ichilcik
Susan Humphries - Jessica Brake
Kinga Moses - Nazife Bashar