The next Club Level Directors' course will be held at the NSWBA on Saturday May 11, 2019.
The Australian Bridge Directors' Association Seminar is to be held on July 27-28, 2019 at the Victorian Bridge Association, 131 Poath Rd, Murrumbeena, Victoria 3163. The Seminar will be open to all however, travel subsidy will only be available to current financial members.
Check the ABDA Website for more details.
Events include Open and Restricted Teams, Open, Novice and Restricted Matchpoint Swiss Pairs, Seniors and Women's Teams and a one day Matchpoint Pairs.
For more information please visit the Championship Website.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 ANC Women's Interstate Selection.
Subject to council ratification the team to represent NSW in the ANC Women's Teams in Melbourne in July is:
Helene Pitt - Ruth Tobin
Susan Humphries - Sophie Ashton
Cathryn Herden - Judy Mott
Last year we conducted a survey about the Monday night session. The results, in summary and then by each question are described in the document below:
Monday Night Survey Results.
The key actions proposed are:
- Keep the mix of events and event lengths broadly unchanged
- Keep the number of boards at 27-28
- Keep the main night on Monday but run a test event on a Tuesday night (this will be the Masters Teams commencing Tue 23 April 2019 for 3 weeks)
- Move the session start time forward to 7.15pm – this will commence from the start of the next events:
- Masters Teams on Tue 23 April
- State Mixed Pairs qualifying on Mon 29 April
The winners of the State Novice and Restricted Pairs hosted by the Orange BC on March 23-24 were:-
Restricted: Sue and Ken McMahon
Novice: Maeve Doyle and Di McAuliffe
Congratulations to the ANC Open Team for 2019.
Subject to council ratification the team to represent NSW in the ANC Open Teams in Melbourne in July is:
Julian Foster - David Weston
Peter Buchen - Matthew Thomson
Lorna Ichilcik - Lynn Kalmin