AFFILIATION AND FEES
- Affiliation Structure and the Benefits to Clubs
- Affiliated clubs pay affiliation fees to the State body (NSWBA) and capitation fees to the National body (ABF).
- Fees are payable by clubs in respect of their Home Club Members (if a player is a member of multiple clubs, they must nominate one as their “home club”).
- Once a club has chosen to affiliate there is a 100% rule; i.e. fees are payable to the State and National bodies in respect of ALL Home Club Members.
Fees are administered differently at State and National levels:
NSWBA State Affiliation Fees
- NSWBA affiliation is payable in respect of a calendar year.
- It is calculated based on the number of Home Club Members at 31st of October each year and is invoiced in November to cover the subsequent calendar year.
- No further charges are made for new members; conversely no reductions are given for departing members.
The NSWBA affiliation rate (incl. GST) for 2021 will be:
- $10 per Home Club Member at 31 October 2020. Fees are payable 1 month after the invoice is issued.
- There is a minimum annual fee of $100 – i.e. based on at least 10 home members.
ABF National Capitation Fees
- ABF capitation is payable in respect of a year commencing 1 April and ending 31 March.
- It is calculated based on the number of Home Club Members at 31 March each year and is invoiced in April to cover the year to the subsequent 31 March.
- Further charges are made quarterly as clubs register new members or reactivate old ones.
The ABF capitation rate (incl. GST) for 2021 will be:
- $16.10 per Home Club Member at 31 March 2021. Fees increase annually in line with the CPI. ABF Masterpoint Levies and Capitation Fees (ABF Masterpoint Centre website).